FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Carrying on Earth Day Founder’s Legacy
ORLANDO, FL USA – When Conservastore.com owner Porter McNeil read about the ninth anniversary of Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson’s passing on July 3rd, it was a poignant moment. “For some of us, that first Earth Day [April 22, 1970] was more than just a reason to join in our school celebration for a day,” said Porter. 2015 is Earth Day’s 45th anniversary.
Raised in Jacksonville, Porter moved to Orlando soon after college. “All of a sudden, it seemed, 2000 was here,” Porter said. “If I was going to do something, this was the millennium to do it in.”
Before long, Conservastore.com was born. It’s a website where people can find out about and buy earth-friendly products. Clients range from teenage New Zealanders to the U.S. Embassy in Kiev (“They bought solar lights.”) Any State Department repeats? “Not yet,” Porter said. “Solar lights last a long time.”
Porter’s 9 simple steps to make every day your personal Earth Day:
1. Keep your thermostat at 80 degrees in the summer, 65 in the winter.
2. Reduce lawn watering. Plant species native to your area take less water.
3. Go solar. Recharge your cell phone with a 20-watt panel.
4. Summer months: plant annual trees on the west and south sides of your home. Live in an apartment? Talk to the landlord. And how about where you work? It’s a low-tech money-saver. The trees will break the sun’s rays. Throughout the winter, no leaf blockage means sunlight will help the structure.
5. Drive a hybrid.
6. Use fluorescent and LED bulbs. They burn longer, less hot than incandescent.
7. Start a “new wave” with water-saving devices. Examples: low-flush aerators, hand-free faucets, and 1.6-gallon flush toilets.
8. Hang your clothes out to dry. Even occasionally.
9. Have concern for fellow citizens. The more efficiently you power your life, the more power there will be for the 6 billion other folks populating the planet. You’ve got the power. Use it!
“Conservastore.com Announces Green Topics Blog”
Contact Porter McNeil 407-898-2284 email@example.com